Get Started by Watching the Film
- If you haven't already, purchase the Home DVD and watch the film with family and friends.
- Host a house party. Be the first in your community to gather a small group in your home to watch and discuss the film.
Share "Race to Nowhere"
- E-Flyer | Encourage friends, family and community members to bring the film home. For easy, electronic sharing use our electronic flyer!
- Press Release: "Race to Nowhere" on Home DVD | Share with local press and news affiliates
- Press Release: "Race to Nowhere," the Movement | Share with local press and news affiliates
- Urge local school leaders to bring the film to their communtiy. Use this letter to introduce "Race to Nowhere" to a Principal or other School Leader.
- Healthy Homework Tool Kit | Advocate to adopt the Healthy Homework Guidelines
- Homework: Make a Difference | Excerpt from the End the Race Companion Book
- Sleep Tool Kit | Advocate to protect sleep and for later start times
- Jumping Out of the Rat Race | Excerpt from the End the Race Companion Book (on AP Classes, Rankings, Testing & College Admissions)
When you communicate clearly about the most pressing issues in your school community, you work toward a solution! Use the sample letters below as a starting place in crafting a letter focused on the things that matter most to you. Consider including the "Race to Nowhere DVD" with your letter.
- Letter to a Superintendent (or other School Leader) after watching "Race to Nowhere"
- Healthy Homework Sample Letters
- Opting Out of Tests Sample Letters
- Letter to President Obama (Submitted by Lori H.)