Get Started by Watching the Film
- If you haven't already, purchase the Home DVD and watch the film with family and friends.
- Host a house party. Be the first in your community to gather a small group in your home to watch and discuss the film.
Share "Race to Nowhere" with Your Community
- Urge local school leaders to bring the film to their communtiy. Use this letter to introduce "Race to Nowhere" to a Principal or other School Leader.
- Press Release: "Race to Nowhere," the Movement | Share with local press and news affiliates
- Healthy Homework Tool Kit | Advocate to adopt the Healthy Homework Guidelines
- Homework: Make a Difference | Excerpt from the End the Race Companion Book
- Sleep Tool Kit | Advocate to protect sleep and for later start times
- Jumping Out of the Rat Race | Excerpt from the End the Race Companion Book (on AP Classes, Rankings, Testing & College Admissions)
- We have Tool Kits to support events at colleges and corporations as well. And when your school screens Race to Nowhere, we provide our Break Out of the Race Tool Kit to create a process to inspire change. Email us or give us a call to learn more.
When you communicate clearly about the most pressing issues in your school community, you work toward a solution! Use the sample letters below as a starting place in crafting a letter focused on the things that matter most to you. Consider including the "Race to Nowhere DVD" with your letter.
- Letter to a Superintendent (or other School Leader) after watching "Race to Nowhere"
- Healthy Homework Sample Letters
- Opting Out of Tests Sample Letters
- Letter to President Obama (Submitted by Lori H.)